Tuesday, November 13, 2012

                                 The Malibu Dolphin

On August6,2012, I was enjoying a leisurely day at the Malibu beach out by Topanga Canyon in an attempt to cheer myself up. I was clearly out of the vortex due to several events the night before. As I was basking in the sun and enjoying the beautiful ocean, several people excitedly sited dolphins. I jumped up and before I could get my phone set to video I saw it.  Oh my stars, it was the most beautiful dolphin I had ever seen. It was amazing. It literally jumped up out of the water and formed an arc as though it were doing tricks in an aquarium. I must have lost my mind completely. I love dolphins. as a matter of fact I consider myself a dolphin. I ran even faster toward the ocean with the video on my phone now ready. But in my excitement I went too far into the water not realizing it because the waves had receded outward. With lightening speed a huge wave came rushing in and as I turned to run it was too late, the wave hit me with great force. My leg twisted beneath me as I fell. I tried to get up but couldn't so I called for help. The funny thing is I held my iphone up in the air until someone could take it for me. LOL! Two young angelic girls came and tried to help me up but 
only succeeded in dragging me a little ways from the on coming waves. They then went to get my friend. Meanwhile another lady came and at my request took my cell phone and made sure it was nice and dry. My friend called 911 and the paramedics were there within the hour. As they carried me up the hill which was more like a cliff I closed my eyes and visualized them getting me up there safely. They slipped a couple of times but we made it. When I got to emergency they told me there were five other people there that had been injured that day from the forceful waves. I was diagnosed with a tibial plateau fracture. They put a splint on it and I went home with crutches. They didn't put a cast for they suspected I would need surgery and  also because of the way it was broken. It was the beginning of a journey that has been mind boggling. 
Stay tuned.

SheAh Prince Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment